NMSIP Crisis Services
NMSIP’s team is available to work with all local Santa Fe area school communities who have lost a student to suicide. NMSIP has recently developed a manual for assisting school communities after a student suicide and provides trained professionals who can offer appropriate support to help lessen the risk of further suicides.
- To support students, faculty, staff and parents as they grieve.
- To provide a safe environment for students to express their feelings of grief, loss, anger, guilt, betrayal, etc.
- To prevent a contagious response from other vulnerable students.
- To assess students who may be at risk.
- To assist with immediate notifications.
- To assist administration in returning the school environment to its normal routine as quickly as possible.
- To be a resource for ongoing individual, family and group support, if needed.
- To provide education regarding suicide to the school community.
- To provide a network of resources for school staff and families.
Due to the nature of the impact of a suicide, utilizing individuals experienced with handling this type of crisis is imperative. Please contact the New Mexico Suicide Intervention Project’s Postvention Team for support as you and your staff navigate this difficult time. As a nonprofit organization, we are able to provide these crisis services at no cost and will do our best to accommodate the unique needs of your school community.
New Mexico Suicide Intervention Project:
The SKY Counseling and Training Center: 505.473.6191
Our team can be available to help during this crisis with tasks such as:
- staff notification
- student notification
- parent notification
- counseling support
- media relations
In the event of a Mental Health Emergency,
If the situation worsens, Call: 911
Or go directly to the Emergency Room of your local hospital